The following are the things to know when the surgeon may also need to move some bones.
1. Patient will be under general anesthesia.
2. The surgeon will make a cut inside your mouth along the lower gum and this cut gives the surgeon access to the chin bone.
3. The surgeon will use a chisel or bone saw to make a second cut through the jaw bone. After that the jaw bone is moved or screwed in place.
4. The cut is closed with stitches and bandage is applied since the surgery is performed inside your mouth you will not see any scars.
5. This procedure will take in between 1 to 3 hours.
Chin augmentation or chin surgery is done commonly at the same time with nose job or what so called rhinoplasty or facial liposuction. Facial liposuction is the removal of fats from under the chin and neck. In addition to that surgery to correct bite problems can be done together with the chin surgery. Chin augmentation bone removal is a crucial process compare to the normal...Read more